DONORS PLAY A PIVOTAL ROLE IN OUR ABILITY TO FULFILL OUR MISSION

Goodwill Industries receives donated clothing and household goods, and then sells these items in 12 retail facilities
in Southeastern Ohio and Northwestern West Virginia. Retail sales fund Goodwill training programs. We recycle the
items that do not sell and make every available use of your donations.

Goodwill Industries also generates revenue to fund training programs by helping community-based businesses fill gaps
caused by labor shortages, time constraints and limited space or equipment. We train and employ industrial and contract
workers to fill outsourced needs for packaging, assembly, custodial work, groundskeeping, wiping rags and more. The
Ohio Department of Transportation, Ralston Foods, AK Steel, Lear Corporation, Sonoco Corporation, Nestle Purina,
Girl Scouts of America, Kimble Mixer Corp., Kellogg's Corp. are among many of those who've tapped into our services.

Our recycling program has been operating since 1914. This program presently provides meaningful jobs for thirty-eight
Goodwill Associates. It also positively impacts our environment by keeping the materials we recycle out of landfills.
During 2013 we recycled over 8,553 tons of materials including:

Computers, Corrugate, Ferrous Metal, Non-Ferrous Metals, Kevlar, Leather, Paper, Plastics, Textiles, Wood

The Workforce Development and Training Department has job developers, job coaches, and training specialists on staff
to provide job coaching, work skills, life skills, and job placement services to individuals with barriers to employment.


ORGANIZATION HISTORY:

ZANESVILLE WELFARE ORGANIZATION AND GOODWILL INDUSTRIES, INC.

Goodwill Industries, Inc. is one of the oldest providers of human services in Southeastern Ohio. In 1913 Zanesville had
a terrible flood, which devastated the town and its people. The community response to the human need, which resulted from
this disaster, was the formation of the Zanesville Welfare Organization. The State of Ohio chartered the organization as
a non-profit corporation in June of 1914. The agency began operations under its first director, Miss Sarah Coats, at the
corner of South and Fifth Street on October 10, 1914.

The Zanesville Welfare organization and Goodwill Industries, Inc. has a rich history that is sprinkled with some of the
most prominent names in Zanesville. S. A. Weller from the Weller Pottery and William Shinnick from Mosaic Tile and noted
philanthropist, were both on the original Board of Trustees. A foundation was established in Mr. Shinnick’s name upon his
death in 1923 and Goodwill still receives an endowment from that trust.

The Zanesville Welfare Organization became affiliated with Goodwill in 1927. Reverend Walter Nash, who had been trained at
the Cincinnati Goodwill and came recommended by Dr. Edgar helms, the founder of Goodwill, became the Executive Director in
November of that year. The first Goodwill plant was established in the Universalist Church at the corner of Zane and
Underwood. Goodwill opened its first store on Fifth Street, and later moved to 119 Main Street.

Goodwill grew and consolidated from 1929-1934. The agency purchased its first vehicle in 1934, a stake body Chevrolet truck.
Collections prior to this time were done with mule and cart. Goodwill’s plant was renovated in 1935-1936 to improve operations.

The modern era for the Zanesville Welfare Organization and Goodwill Industries, Inc. began in 1943, when the agency purchased
buildings at 108-110 Main Street. Work on the buildings was delayed until after World War II. Goodwill continued to grow in
the 50’s and 60’s; a cafeteria was added, and rehabilitation programs were initiated in 1966 under the leadership of Reverend
David Boldt. The Zanesville Goodwill operated one of the most comprehensive rehabilitation programs for a community of this
size in the United States until the mid 70’s when financial problems caused a drastic reduction in services. Goodwill began
to resolve these financial difficulties in 1979. The agency consolidated operations in the industrial contract building at
the present location at 18 Beaumont Street. The offices and operations divisions began moving in August of 1979, and the plant
store was opened in January of 1980. The Zanesville Welfare Organizations Articles of Incorporation were amended in September
1979 to add Goodwill Industries, Inc. to the established name.

Goodwill further became involved in janitorial contracts in the early 1980’s.

By early 1990’s Goodwill Industries, Inc. was providing services by way of retail programs to four of its 10 Ohio Counties
(Coshocton, Cambridge, Marietta, and Zanesville). By the late 1990’s Goodwill had expanded its services to include Lancaster
and New Lexington.

In 1999 the plant store in Zanesville was relocated to a beautiful facility at 2134 Maple Avenue and the 18 Beaumont Street
location was completely renovated to house the Corporate Offices and an up-to-date training center.

In 2000 we opened a retail store in Wheeling, West Virginia making it our first in this state. In 2001 our second retail
store for West Virginia was opened in Moundsville. In 2002 Goodwill opened a small retail store in Martins Ferry, Ohio.
In 2005 we continued to grow by opening a retail store in Pickerington, Ohio and New Martinsville, West Virginia. In 2008
Goodwill placed a retail store in St. Clairsville, Ohio.

From our very beginning, Goodwill’s mission and corporate vision has never wavered. From then till now, we have striven to
be a friend and source of hope for those in need in southeastern Ohio. Quite simply, we transform people’s lives through
training and productive work.